Wednesday, July 20, 2011

In Which I Make Up for Lost Time

So I have been terrible about keeping this thing updated but the good news isn't because my life down here is just boring and there's nothing going on, it's just been crazy with so many things going on that I haven't taken much time to just sit down and process it so here's my best attempt at catching up with what's been going on for like the last two months.
Picture taken after I got off work at the Contemporary. Enjoying Magic Kingdom's Wishes on top of the resort!
The biggest news, which most people probably do know by now is that I started my new job working for a company called Ikon. They run the business centers at 5 Disney Resorts. So yes, I still work at Disney but not really for Disney. No more costumes for me, I get to wear real clothes! It's a very laid back job that's really helping me start to enjoy living down here. Looking back on the last year I notice how little I was actually able to enjoy without worrying about money constantly.

My roommate, Darius, and I have gotten settled in to our new apartment and I love it. I enjoy having a nice living room again with a TV so I can have friends over and entertain people. I'm still working on decorating my room so that I can make it feel like home, I don't think it will ever be home but I want it to be somewhere that I enjoy coming back to.
This picture of the living room doesn't even do it justice but I wanted something to show.  No pictures of my room until I clean it.
July has flown by. It's been three weeks already since my family came down here to see me and that was a great week. I got to finally introduce them to all of my friends and we even grilled out and went to Ale House together. The best part of the trip was going to watch the Coke Zero 400 at Daytona. It was the first race for all of us, including my Dad and I'm so glad that I got to have them down here and experience that with them because I know he had a lot of fun just like the rest of us and it's definitely not something that we'll forget.
The whole family in front of the pace car at Daytona

Dad and I had to buy new hats to enjoy the race properly
Another first for me was my first trip down to Tampa and Busch Gardens. It's a very cool and intense theme park with some awesome roller coasters that definitely put some other theme parks to shame in the thrill category.
Sheikra. Holy Shit.
I've also got some things to be looking forward to. I just received my ticket in the mail to go to the Van's Warped Tour in nine days! I haven't been in three years and I can't wait to see my favorite band, A Day To Remember, play live finally. I'm also looking hard at a time to make my way back to Iowa once or twice in the next few months to see the family and some Hawkeye football if I'm lucky enough!

I'm sure I'm forgetting something but I think that'll keep you (the maybe 6 people that read this, and made it this far) held over until next time which I promise won't be another two months. So until then, Fly High and Die High.

No comments:

Post a Comment