Friday, April 15, 2011

In Which I Return to the Beach

Exactly a week after I got a really bad sunburn at the beach, I found myself heading back to Daytona yet again. Luckily this time, Britni and I were heading back in the evening to meet one of her longtime friends who wanted to meet me. This always makes me nervous because it feels like I have to get approved by someone else but she was pretty laid back and it was a fun evening. We went to this nice little restaurant next to a dock full of all these really nice boats and then headed on to walk to the top of a lighthouse...

Unfortunately...I had checked online to see how late the lighthouse was open and got my dates mixed up so we didn't make it to the lighthouse before it closed. Note to self: May still isn't here yet. But I did get a picture.

After this we wandered around on the beach for a little while which was great just to stand there and look at the open water stretching as far as I could see. It was really peaceful and a relaxing way to spend the evening.

Other than on my days off I've had some good news about life in general. I found out that my new roommate and I got approved on our new apartment that we'll be moving into in June. It's a nice little apartment complex that doesn't look near as ghetto as the one I'm currently living in and the rooms are great. I fell in love with them as soon as I toured them. On the job front, I've applied for three in the past two weeks and I'm really pursuing two of them and will hopefully be hearing back about interviews soon.

Last night I visited a really cool record store where I had reserved a vinyl copy of a single from one of my favorite bands, A Day to Remember, for only $5 which also gets me a guaranteed chance to meet them and get an autograph this Saturday if I can get out of work on time. Here's my Saturday: work till 3, meet and get an autograph from my favorite band, see Scream 4 with my girlfriend, and end the night with a Beach Boys concert.

It doesn't get any better than that so I'll have to end it there. Watch for the crows and soar with the eagles. Or even the Hawks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment