Friday, April 8, 2011

Are Things Turning Around?

It's been a while since I've last posted because again, it's been a rough couple of days, which doesn't sound good when I've only made a couple posts on here all ready, but I'm finally writing because I'm starting to see some light in all of this darkness and I'm ready to share again. I started one post a few days ago that reflected on how I was starting to feel about my time down here and I put that one on hold for now because I'm not sure if those are my true feelings or just what I was feeling when things got hard. What I do know now:

I found out today that my future roommate, Darius, and I are almost approved for a new apartment. We had been looking at a place that I really liked and have been looking at since like January and when we finally applied, they drug us along for almost two weeks before finally denying us for the cheaper rate and wanted to charge us almost $200 extra a month because they claimed we made more than we actually did. So instead we are going with the our second choice which is great because I love the apartment, I'm just afraid it will be a little expensive. Which leads to...jobs of course.

I've applied for three new jobs in the last week. I'm pretty much applying for anything that I'm qualified for and that is a raise from what I'm currently making, which isn't really that hard. It's discouraging when I don't hear back from any of these places but that happens when you're living somewhere as big as Orlando. I just need to keep plugging away at it and keep my spirits high. Like I think I've said before, I've got a great supervisor at Universal who's putting me in contact with others who work for NBC/Universal and I'm going to be pursuing every opportunity and contact I can get.


On the lighter side of things, I spent one of my days off with my girlfriend in Daytona for the first time. I hadn't ever been before so we spent about four hours at the beach and then I finally got to get a look at the Daytona Speedway. We were too late for tours but plan on going back soon for the full tour! The only downside of this trip was getting a terrible sunburn on the top of my feet which has made work and walking in general miserable and a chore itself.

As always, I hope to be bringing better news by my next post so until then, keep flying with those eagles and don't let those crows bring you down, you're probably better than them!

No comments:

Post a Comment