Thursday, March 31, 2011

Looking at the Brighter Side of Life

So it's been a couple days since I've posted my first blog but I promised that I would try not to make this thing too miserable and it's been a rough couple of days at work so I wanted to avoid complaining about that but since today is my day off, I'm back!

I've been working on shooting and editing a movie for work that will be shown at our upcoming attractions awards ceremony. I've had a lot of fun being behind a camera again, even if it is just a little Flip camera, and editing again. I started showing the finished product to friends and coworkers and remembered how good it feels to have people laugh and enjoy something I created. We've been beat by other attractions in the past but some team members think we've got a pretty good chance of winning it this year and I couldn't think of anything better than that to boost my spirits.

As I was saying earlier, work is, at times pretty stressful, and I've been looking everywhere for other opportunities and other avenues. Luckily I've got a great supervisor who is helping me make contacts and will be able to let me shadow productions around the Universal property. There's a big one coming up this Sunday but it could be a long shot so I don't want to spoil anything yet, hopefully I'll have some good news after the weekend. I was supposed to meet someone from TNA on Monday but I found out that he was out of town until today so I need to reschedule a time to meet with him. This is all a good start, I just really need to hope something comes out of it.

I've also been pretty busy working on getting a new apartment which is stressful on and expensive but I can't wait to get out of the one that I'm in, I could say more about this 'wonderful' place but I'll just leave it at that.

Life just never slows down here in Orlando, but I think that's why I moved down here. There are so many more things I could say but I feel I've said enough for now

And my sign off line, courtesy of my good friend Jeremy: Until next time, soar with the eagles my friends, not the crows.

No comments:

Post a Comment